Work blocking glite.sayni.net

Bug report, feature request, comments, etc. about the project gmail-lite.

Moderator: Admin Group

Work blocking glite.sayni.net

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:52 am

I was using your site to access my gmail (I tried to run it myself, but couldn't get it to work), but now the firewall at work is blocking it. Do you have another site that would work?

When I tried to install/run it through my own site, it always tried to open/save the index.php file and the other files except for the install and config file. Help on either issue would be great.

Re: Work blocking glite.sayni.net

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:54 pm

I have the same issue.

Funny just started today.
Please let me know if there is any other link out there

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:09 pm

Anonymous wrote:I have the same issue.

Funny just started today.
Please let me know if there is any other link out there

just started today for me too. Friday it was no problem, and today no luck. Anyone who can help??

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:00 pm

Looks like some firwall software has now picked up the gmail-lite links from starting today:
http://glite.sayni.net/index.php

Time to pick a new URL.

Help Please!!!!!
I need gmail access from my work.

Postby Solver » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:16 am

Anonymous wrote:When I tried to install/run it through my own site, it always tried to open/save the index.php file and the other files except for the install and config file. Help on either issue would be great.

PHP ain't installed on your server...
Contact your webhost...

Besides, yes it would be helpful if people can share the gmail-lite links on their webpages...
Solver

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:30 am

I have encountered a problem in accessing glite.
I usually browse http://www.glite.sayni.net to access my mail.
I sign in with my account. However, after i have sent mail, it has been appeared as another account and my mail was sent via another account.
I dont know what's wrong. This error occurs during this week.
:(

Postby Neerav » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:16 am

Everyone, PLEASE CLEAR YOUR CACHE AND COOKIES. There may be a cookie problem in your browser which sometimes manifests when a cookie has been "cleared" and then the browser crashes which doesn't save the new cookie state and uses the old cookies when the browser is restarted. Check your browser's cookie manager plug-ins or extensions too.

As for the site's url, can you access other sayni.net subdomains, such as glite2.sayni.net and glite3.sayni.net? What about this forum? Or is the whole domain blocked?

If someone is willing to donate a domain, or donate $10 for me to buy a new domain for a year, I will be happy to set this up with the new unblocked domain.
Neerav
Neerav
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:50 am

Beautiful! glite2 and glite3 works! We'll see how long it takes for my IT dept to catch on, but for now things are good. Thanks!

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:36 am

Well my IT department has caught on and all glite.sayni sites are blocked, expcept for this forum (glite.sayni, glite2., glite3., etc). Is there another web address that you know of I can use???

I have tried installing it and just can't figure it out.

Please help!

Postby Neerav » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:50 am

They keep blocking the subdomains which is why you can access the forum (it's in a different subdomain). You can keep increasing the number. The numbers beyond 3 are NOT listed anywhere, so keep them alive only by word of mouth.

Also, as per a suggestion by a user at their workplace, in the url, replace the glite* with industryreport. Looks more work related, less likely to be noticed, and doesn't follow the glite* pattern. However, if they are *viewing* a site before blocking, most likely it too will be visited by the IT people. Again, the full url is not being written here or anywhere else.
Neerav
Neerav
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:47 am

I apologize in advance for dragging this out. They seem to have blocked glite5, 6, 7, 8, and 9, and then glite10 and up don't seem to exist. I tried industryreport.sayni but it takes me to a site other than the glite interface.

Again, any help would be very much appreciated!

Postby Neerav » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:07 pm

Thanks for the tipoff. industryreport will be fixed soon (my host seems to have changed some config and thus you see the cPanel page).

Meanwhile, any suggestions on new and less obvious subdomain names?
Neerav
Neerav
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:40 pm

Thanks for all the work you're doing for this, with not being able to send personal emails through corporate, glite has been awesome.

Probably any inconspicous sub domain name will work, i like industryreport, maybe infosource, globalresearch, something like that.

Postby nalin.tomar » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:43 pm

Just Awesome...
Thanks Neerav I really appreciate all the work you are doing.
nalin.tomar

Postby nanoox » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:36 pm

I found this on a site when I was trying to find a way around my company's blocks:

http://nfriedly.com/gmail

If you google gmail lite, you'll also find many servers up and available.
nanoox

Next

Return to gmail-lite